It’s Friday! So with that, I have another blog post for these delicious sultana streusel buns I made a little while ago. They are very more-ish and are yummy served warm – maybe a nice breakfast treat? Enjoy!
- 225 g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 75 g butter
- 75 g caster sugar
- 50 g sultanas
- 1 egg
- 150 ml milk
For the streusel topping:
- 25 g self-raising flour
- 50 g light muscovado sugar
- 25 g butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas mark 5. Place fairy cake/cupcake cases in a 12 hole bun tin.
- Add the flour and baking powder to a large bowl, add the butter and rub together with your fingers until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar and sultanas.
- Lightly mix the egg and milk together and all at once, add to the dry mixture. Beat well to give a smooth texture, then spoon into the paper cases.
- To make the streusel topping, mix together the flour and sugar and add the melted butter. Use a fork to mix until crumbly. Sprinkle this mixture over the top of the buns.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 mins until well risen and firm to the touch. Lift the cases out of the tin and leave to cool on a wire rack. Dust with icing sugar and serve.