Hello everyone! Sorry I haven’t posted for a while – I’ve got quite a backlog of recipes to share!
I thought I’d start with a very very nice main course I made last weekend – chicken, prawn and chorizo paella, adapted from an ITV recipe.
It was truly delicious, a little taste of Spain while it poured down outside. The nicest thing about this is that your guests can help themselves, and so was perfect for our little get together last week!
- 3 chicken breast fillets
- 375 g, peeled and cooked king prawns
- 200g chorizo, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika or chilli powder
- 200 ml white wine
- 300 g paella rice
- 750 ml hot chicken stock
- 3 tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 6
- Tenderise the chicken breasts; this can be done by placing a sheet of parchment over the chicken, and using a mallet (for the kitchen!) to gently flatten them out.
- Place the chicken fillets into a glass dish, season with pepper, and place in the oven to cook for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, using a large pan, fry the chorizo for 5 minutes (there is no need for oil to fry this, the chorizo releases a lot of its own)
- Add the onion, garlic and peppers and cook for another 5-8 minutes.
- Pour in the white wine, and reduce for a couple of minutes.
- Add the paprika/chilli powder with the rice and stir in cooking for 5 minutes
- Take the chicken out of the oven, and cut into chunks.
- Pour in your chicken stock, add the chicken and then leave to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add in the prawns along with a little more stock if required and cook for a further 3-4 minutes, until the prawns are thoroughly cooked.
- Stir the parsley in, along with salt and pepper.