I’m lacking in blog posts (SORRY SORRY!) but work has been overwhelming. However, I thought I’d share a recipe that is just so yummy, lovely, tasty, healthy and warming, especially when it’s just so cold. I got this recipe from the Hairy Biker’s (Dieters) new book. It came out really thick and perfect with a buttered roll!
(Serves 6) Ingredients:
- 1 small butternut squash
- 4 medium carrots
- 2 medium parsnips
- 1 medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp sunflower (or olive oil) oil
- 1L freshly boiled water
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- Black pepper
- Low-fat natural yoghurt, to serve
- Peel the squash, cut it in half, scoop out the pulp and cut into chunks.
- Peel the carrots and parsnips and again chop them into chunks.
- Chop the onion and garlic.
- Heat the oil in a large/deep saucepan and cook the onions and garlic together for 5-10mins until they’re soft and pale.
- Add the squash, parsnips and carrots to the party, pour the water in, and crumble the stock cube over the top.
- Bring all this loveliness to the boil, and then allow to simmer for approx. 30 minutes until all the vegetables are soft and tender.
- Take off the heat, and using a hand-blender, blitz it until smooth (or chunky if that’s how you like it).
- Serve into bowls, season with black pepper, and swirl the yoghurt to make it fancy.